RECENT NEWS & UPDATES
In the last blog post, we shared some important tips to help you set up your new apartment but what is a new apartment without beautiful colours that makes you always want to go back home and admire the beauty of your space. Today, we will be sharing the best colours ideas for your home which will guide you in choosing the right colours to make your apartment really cool, lovely and beautiful. The following are colours you may want to consider for your home:
- White: As cliche as this might sound, you can never go wrong with white because you can make your home pop with other colours that can compliment it. A very good example is white and green, white and brown, white and grey and so many other fantastic combinations that can be achieved with white. You might want to also consider off white, especially when you have kids around.
- Earthy colours: If you love earthy tones, then this is definitely for you. You can give your home a huge lift by combining earthy colours. This will help you by giving your home a very subtle, comfortable and luxurious feel. You can also play around with earthy colours when painting different corners of your home. A very good example involves different varieties of brown and grey.
- Soft Green: If you are a huge lover of nature, You will really love the outcome of green in your home. However, there are different shades of green such as dark green, emerald green etc. You can go for a lovely and luxurious option which is soft green. This is the type of colour that can help you feel so cool and relaxed at home. You should try this out.
- Dark colours: If you are not all about light colours or earthy tones, you can try out dark colours like black or deep shades of grey. This is not so common but nothing beats trying out something new. You can add a pop of colour by using a bit of gold or silver and trying out wall frames in different colours.
- Blue: This is a very lovely and cool colour regardless of the shade. Fun fact about the colour blue is that it signifies peace, and confidence. You can be creative with blue by using different shades for different corners of your home.
Setting up a new apartment requires a lot of work and time to get things right and create a comfortable home that you will really admire. In this case, You might be moving to your own home or setting up a home previously occupied. Whatever the case might be, In this new blog we share some basic tips to help you set up a new apartment which includes:
-Sort out utilities: You should sort out utilities before moving into a new apartment in order to focus on some more important things like furniture, decoration and lights. Sorting your utilities also helps you become more organised.
-Get help with cleaning up: This should be the next thing you consider after sorting out your utilities. In case you are unable to sort out the cleaning on your own, you can get help with it. Cleaning your new apartment in advance helps to keep things in order and gives you an idea of how you want the apartment to be decoration wise.
-Identify the decor you would use: Setting up a new apartment also involves creating a brand new look. Your space can affect even your mood and by putting this into consideration you can create a mood board, save ideas of the colours you really love. You can also consider using art works to spice up your space.
-Unpack: It is possible that you have some old items after decluttering your old space. Unpacking helps you see where you want to keep some items and the items you really do not need anymore. Unpacking can be very stressful and it can take a lot of time and energy but it is always worth it.
-Shop for important items: If you are just setting up your new apartment, you might want to set up your priority list. Get your furniture, lights, kitchen and room accessories directly from our website. http://www.luxullence.com
-Book a consultation or DIY: If you are really particular about how your home should be like, You can book a design consultation with us if you need professional help with designing the space and putting items together to transform the space or consider whether or not you want to do it yourself.
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share.
Decorating your home doesn’t have to be stressful. It’s a form of creativity and seeing what magic comes out of littlest things can make one feel so fulfilled.
However, there are things you want to take note of when decorating your home. We are going to share some Do’s and Don’ts you should keep in mind when moving into a new apartment or restructuring your home. The following includes ten major things you want to remember when decorating and it includes:
1. Do create a mood board : When decorating your home, you should create a mood board which contains ideas that are gotten from magazines or the internet. This will help you put things in order on time.
2. Don’t fix your wall frames too low or too high : You should try placing your wall frames in a manner that makes it look more attractive. Don’t place it too low or too high that the eye can’t catch its beauty easily.
3. Don’t forget to get the right measurement for each furniture and accessories : This is very important because it helps keep your home in order.
4. Do keep your space simple and functional: Using simple colors that match your aesthetic and getting minimalistic decoration items elevates your space and you should also do more pieces that are functional.
5. Do invest in the right lighting collection : You can achieve this by using lighting with captivating features and character that can subtly or boldly enhance the ambience of your home depending on individual preference
Have you ever gotten into a conversation about decorating or styling your home and midway you got lost because you don’t understand some of the terms used? Not to worry. In this new blog post we have compiled a list of interior decor terms we think you should know. It includes:
Bespoke: Something that is specially created for you.
Chaise: An upholstered piece of furniture similar to a sofa that is shaped like a lounge chair.
Enfilade: A series of rooms that are connected via doorways that align with one another
Monochromatic: A color scheme that is centered around a single color.
Hue: The color or shade of an interior design element
Alcove: A recessed part of a room
Antique: All items that have existed for 100 or more years.
Armoire: A large cabinet or wardrobe
Ottoman: This is a low upholstered footstool or seat without arms or a back.
Swatch: This refers to a small sample of fabric that can be used for your home.
To discover more, follow us on Instagram @luxullence. You can also shop trendy and beauty home decor items and accessories directly from our website.
As we evolve, our homes should too. – Suzanne Tucker. There have been home decor trends over the past decade which has helped to boost home decor taste of individuals across continents. A lot of things have changed including the way we set up our homes. In this blog, you will discover the top five most popular home decor trends to look out for in 2022 which includes the following:
- Creative use of colors:
Colors are often used to tell a story. Over the past few months, it’s been interesting to see homes that reflect the actual personality of the owner through the use of colors in a very creative and sometimes edgy manner. Individuals have had to transition over the past year, that they are rethinking boring home colors like just plain grey and white to shades of pink, green or yellow for walls and furniture. We look forward to seeing more spaces with a perfect blend of colors in 2022 in order to create memories and live happily.
- Indoor Plants
Indoor trees and plants have become a part of our lives even as more people continue to decorate their spaces with life plants because they freshen indoor air, bring the clarity and calm of nature indoors, act like sculpture on a shelf or table top, and caring for them is grounding and life affirming. Indoor plants give that perfect aesthetic and luxury feel. This is definitely a trend to look out for.
3. Rattan Lighting
Smart and Beautiful lighting have become normal even in expensive building. It’s now about functionality. For instance: Rattan wrapped lights are gradually replacing the simple bulbs and giving a natural effect. People now invest in lights that can help them relax; feel comfortable and stylish without hurting the eyes. As we head into the New Year, people will look for ways to make their home a comfortable and functional living space. You can now create an ambience that meets your needs. You can check our lighting collection here: https://luxullence.com/product-category/lighting/
4. Multipurpose Spaces:
In our previous blog post, we talked about setting up your home office which you can read here: https://luxullence.com/how-to-set-up-your-home-office-in-2021/
Since the pandemic, there’s been an increase in creative or multipurpose spaces. A table to can turn into a board, a kitchen cabinet that can serve more purpose, a room that can serve as a work space, A gym at home etc. Interior designers are finding more ways to recreate homes and incorporate pieces that help create a comfortable and functional home. We can’t wait for see more of this in 2022.
Going forward, you could put all of these in mind if you ever consider restructuring your home. Got questions? Send to email@example.com or shop our top home decor collection here: www.luxullence.com
Remote working also known as work from home or mobile working has changed the corporate industry ever since the pandemic started in 2020 causing employers all over the world to adopt a new structure in order to achieve organizations goals. From colorful paintings to beautifully designed chairs and table lamps, employees all over the world are getting creative with setting up a proper work from home space.
A recent article by Independent.co.uk says “Deloitte Uk is giving all its employees ability to work from home as it embraces flexible working permanently”. In setting up your home office, we have put together all you should know:
• Choose the right space:
It is advisable to choose a place close to natural light which gives you that outside feel. Asides from that, another thing to do is to pick a very comfortable room or space in your home. A space that makes you more productive and less distracted with other activities. According to a study by Northwestern University in Chicago, Natural lighting actually improves office workers’ productivity and quality of life.
• Have a color theme: Colors give an exciting feel and makes you do your work with so much happiness. If you are currently setting up your home space, you should try out color themes. Explore white or grey shades, White or brown shades. You could also try pastel colors which makes your space look simple and beautiful.
• Invest in quality seating: If you do not want to constantly deal with back pains from long meetings or discussions as well as the pain that comes from not being comfortable, You should totally embrace the idea of investing in quality chairs that makes you feel relaxed and productive. A very good way to start is by checking out our collection of chairs to shop here: www.luxullence.com
• Select the right accessories: From ceramic lamps to simple and subtle wall lights and boxes, choosing accessories that compliments your space is very important. You should pick accessories that fit your space aesthetics which means investing in accessories that are not too heavy or accessories that won’t occupy your home office space. Keep it simple and lovely with our home and office collection here: www.luxullence.com
• Get creative: Storage and tools are very important for your daily activities but won’t you be excited having plants, flowers or beautiful rugs around you while working? To keep your space really organized and stylish, We highly recommend beautifying with items such as pampas grass, flowers or jars.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR HOME OFFICE IN 2021 www.luxullence.com